Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2011

(See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dreaded_Batter_Pudding_Hurler_%28of_Bexhill-on-Sea%29 for the source of the title.)

There does appear to still be a remnant of the cache bug, despite Jacques’ best efforts to squish it. Please report any instances that you see of it so that I can check the logs. Also useful would be to say what you were doing when you saw it, and what other nlab pages you had open at the time.

To be clear: the cache bug is when there is a cached copy of a page that is somehow older than the true copy. The most common occurrence is when the page has actually been renamed and there is a copy with the old title still in the cache, though I’ve also seen something like this happen with file uploads: the file uploads and is there, but the page still has the greyed-out link.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2011

I moved predicate to proposition 5½ hours ago, and the cache is still there.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2011

The old page lax monoidal transformation is still in the cache; see this discussion from almost a month ago.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2011

About 8 hours ago, I corrected measurable locales to measurable locale; cache bug.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2011

Is it possible to manually clear the cache for these pages once we find them? Or does leaving them around somehow help debug the problem?

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2011

Removing them is fine. What I need are the logs and for that I just need the rough time and the page name.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • (edited Oct 5th 2011)

geometric Langlands program has still a bad June 2011 cache copy geometric Langlands. Worse, the cache copy got updated in August 2011 by Anonymous coward though this is 2 months after the geometric Langlands program was created as a true version on June 21, 2011.

• CommentRowNumber8.

The cache bug shouldn’t be able to do that! We really truly have two pages here (both editable), not just two caches. I moved geometric Langlands to geometric Langlands > history, which has created an actual cache bug (not editable).

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2011

Should not or should, I have reported this cache bug in June, and the bad copy was edited in August. So I am quite sure this is how it happened.

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2011

There must be yet another bug.

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2011

Here’s an interesting case: I moved table of orthogonal groups and related to the grammatically correct table of orthogonal and related groups. But since this page is intended to be included and inclusions and redirects don’t mix, I immediately moved it back. (I also made a minor edit to the content.)

Then the cache bug showed the original version (last edited by Urs instead of by me and without my minor edit). Normally, when the cache bug appears, if you try to Edit the page it fails (gracefully but without explanation), but now it works (presenting the version with my minor edit made, of course). Then I cleared the cache by making another minor edit (actually two that cancelled each other out).

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2011

I moved horizon to horizon > history, and it happened.

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2011
    • CommentRowNumber14.
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2011

StephanStephan > history.

Really, I just take it for granted that it appears at every page move. I know of no exceptions.

• CommentRowNumber15.
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2012

I’m so used to this that I don’t report it, but now it did not happen when I moved beta reduction to beta-reduction and eta reduction to eta-reduction. Did it finally get fixed for good? Maybe along with that theorem-numbering bug?

• CommentRowNumber16.
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2012

However, the cache bug for uploaded files is still here, currently viewable in the Sandbox.