Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorEmily Riehl
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2011

Certain people who occasionally write about such things (Richard Garner, Peter Lumsdaine, Mike Shulman?, myself) have conspired to start using the terminology “algebraic weak factorization system” (or with British spelling) in place of the original natural weak factorization system. I’d like to indicate this on the nLab entry. (In fact, I’d love to change the name and instead indicate the old terminology, but perhaps you might object.) What is the best way to handle this?

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

What is the best way to handle this?

I think you should just go ahead and change it.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble

I think you should just go ahead and change it.

But with a redirect for natural weak factorization system, with all spelling variants, of course.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman

I agree with Urs; go ahead and change it. I’m all in favor of this better terminology, and I don’t think the concept is well-enough known yet for there to be significant resistance.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorEmily Riehl

Done. (I think.) Thanks.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2011

Thanks! I fixed the text of a couple of links, notably the one from factorization systems - contents