Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2012
    • (edited Jan 20th 2012)

New stub Weyl functional calculus redirecting also Weyl quantization. I would like to see ref.

• Lars Hörmander, The weyl calculus of pseudo-differential operators, Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 32, 3, 359–443, May 1979, doi,

but have no access to it (can anybody help?). I also added a sentence at Idea section of functional calculus reflecting that the previous definition there is not fitting functional calculi in the context of quantization, including Weyl’s case. One should do this generality discussion more carefully. the previous definition said that the functional calculus needs to be a homomorphism (from ordinary functions to operator functions). This is true for the functional calculus described in the entry, but not for the wider usage of the phrase like in Weyl functional calculus. Maybe we can resolve this in a better way.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorra312
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2017
    Dear Zoran Skoda

Here is the link to the article by Hormander.

https://imperialcollegelondon.box.com/s/z6sw7z6g5ni70nzbcuel1475plgcluys
    • CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2017

Thanks, I have not revisited the issue in the meantime.