Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorDylan Wilson
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2012
    Hi everyone!

Using the age-old method of teaching something in order to learn it, I just started a "course" on higher categories with the main goal being that anyone taking it can listen to a sentence with the word "infinity-topos" in it without their eyes glazing over... the secondary goal is preparation for understanding all the really exciting things people are doing with this stuff.

Anyway, I'm posting my "lecture notes" here:

https://sites.google.com/a/uw.edu/dwilson/notes

in case anyone's interested. In the notes I try to do examples and special cases first, before stating a general theorem. Please contact me if

1. You find mistakes (you will.)
    2. You know of a good illustrative example for such and such a topic I mention.
    3. You know of good references for such and such a topic I mention.
    4. You know of good exercises for such and such a topic I mention.
    5. You want to say hi.

My email can be found in a number of different places easily accessible to non-robots.

I'd love your feedback!!

-Dylan
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2012

Thanks for the pointer!

I have added a reference to your course on the nnLab page here.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorDylan Wilson
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2012
    Thank you!