Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2012
    • (edited Mar 2nd 2012)

A graduate student at Johns Hopkins who is being supervised by Jack Morava, named Jon(athan) Beardsley, wrote a short article Bousfield Lattice. More on this in a moment.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2012

Thanks for the notification! I moved it to Bousfield lattice (but the cache bug is operative).

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorJon Beardsley
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2012
    Aha! Thanks Mike. Still getting used to the general formatting style on nLab.
    • CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2012

Cache copy removed.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Mar 5th 2012)

I have added tables of content and further hyperlinks. Notice that an entry well-generated triangular category should be linked to, is linked to now… but does not exist yet ;-)

Also added a pointer to the entry from triangulated category, such as to increase the chance that potential readers can find the entry. (Generally, when you create an entry, try to think of at least one existing entry that should point to it.)

• CommentRowNumber6.

Yeah, I thought I had linked to this from somewhere, just can’t remember where. I can try to write that w.g. triangulated cat. entry at some point. Neeman defines it using a number of definitions that will also have to be written.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Mar 5th 2012)

Hi Jon,

you can see which entries link to a given entry at the very bottom of the web page. There it says “Linked from:” and then comes a list of backlinks. Currently there is one item, triangulated category, where I had added a backlink in the section “Related concepts”.

(Well, this works mostly at least. It does not work if another entry points to a keyword that only redirects to the given entry).

No rush with the entry on well-generated triangulated categories. My main point was that it’s good practice to add a link to such technical terms, even if the corresponding entries don’t exist yet.

As you have probably noticed, the coverage of triangulated category theory on the nnLab is still very much in its infancy. It’s great that you are adding to it!

• CommentRowNumber8.
    There is certainly a link (perhaps misplaced or not phrased in the right way) to the Bousfield lattice page at the bottom of Bousfield localization of a triangulated categories. It does not seem to show up?