Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2012

Created schedule as I’m reading Globalizing fibrations by schedules (lspace) by Dyer and Eilenberg. Not sure yet what should link into it. Also not finished the page, but going goggle-eyed so taking a rest for now.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Mar 8th 2012)

Not sure yet what should link into it.

It is a topic in the general context of topology, so if in doubt one could always link to it from the long list of related entries kept there.

More useful is to link to a page from other pages that directly concern the definition and theorems of the present page. Here the definitions and theorems concern open covers in relation to Moore path spaces. So these two entries should link back to schedule. And I made that happen now.

I have also added a bunch of more hyperlinks to your text, and added various redirects such as to make all the existing hyperlinks be functional. (Notice that “locally finite” has no good chance to point anywhere, but locally finite cover does :-)

The only item that I am not sure what to do with is the requested link to “local covering”. (?)

• CommentRowNumber3.

Thanks!

local covering was copied from the paper. I’ll add the definition later.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts

ooh, that looks relevant… ;-)

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2012

A poll of random topologists reveals none that knows what a local covering is so I’ve added it explicitly rather than creating a new page. Also written a bit more from the paper now.

David: Yes, I thought you might think that! I actually came across it in a completely different context, but it did occur to me that there might be some ideas we could exploit.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter

What is a ’random topologist’? Is it a mathematician who studies ’random topological spaces’? That would be a great idea, based on Chu spaces that were not ’dyadic’ but took values in a probability space. (I am serious here… for once. :-))

• CommentRowNumber7.

I meant that I went down the topology corridor here and asked whoever I encountered. Some might argue that that’s not a random sample so I felt I couldn’t say a “random poll of topologists” (actually, I probably could say that). But most topologists are pretty random people in the colloquial meaning (probably comes of being able to think ones way out of a klein bottle) so I went for “poll of random topologists” instead.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Mar 9th 2012)

What is a ’random topologist’? Is it a mathematician who studies ’random topological spaces’?

I know a chaotic category theorist who knows everything, really everything, about chaotic categories.