Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorporton
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2012
    I added the definition of funcoid in nLab wiki.

I also call the theory of funcoids "Algebraic General Topology" because it somewhere replaces epsilon-delta notation with more algebraic formulas.

Feel free to copy more materials about funcoids, reloids, and their generalizations from my site to nLab.

The theory of funcoids is very productive in creating new open problems and research trends. I welcome to work with me. Read the manuscripts at my site.
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorMirco Richter
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2012
    • (edited Jun 4th 2012)

Should we understand the last part of the last sentence as some kind of a joke? Nevertheless the sound of funcoid is great.

If the aim of the author is to inspire people for his kind of research, then maybe it is better to not start with an definition but first of all explain what the funcoid concept is good for ect.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2012

Mirco - the last part was an addition by an anonymous author, but that is exactly what Porton claims, or has claimed; see http://www.mathematics21.org/abel-prize.html.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2012
    • (edited Jun 9th 2012)

porton (mathoverflow.net/users/4086), A Book You Would Like to Write, http://mathoverflow.net/questions/72305 (version: 2011-08-07)

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2014

I have performed some edits at funcoid, mentioning some notes I drew up here which views funcoids as certain Chu space morphisms. This was spurred by an email I received from Victor Porton, to which I responded by mentioning these notes.