Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber101.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2014
    • (edited Jan 31st 2014)

Okay, thanks for the information.

The main cause of smoke may have been in the chapter “Fields”, because when I tried to save that as a separate entry, it just wouldn’t save: no error message, nothing, just a blank window.

While I didn’t have the energy to check, I believe I had mostly built that chapter from the entry field (physics), so I crossed my fingers that I didn’t add much more then (I forget) and simply discarded the whole chapter and replaced it by a pointer to that entry.

But after removing the Fields-chapter (and all the chapters listed above and a few more) the entry geometry of physics would still not save, it would give me that “Internal error” (at least no foul jokes as in the smoke error, which helps with keeping up a high spirit). So I removed also the chapters on TQFT and maybe something else. Then it worked.

Now one should spend an hour or two bringing all this again into a coherent form. Maybe next year.

• CommentRowNumber102.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2014
    • (edited Nov 6th 2014)

am polishing the first sections of geometry of physics ( coordinate systems, smooth sets, differential forms, differentiation, smooth homotopy types)

I will be using this during this November in a lecture series that I am giving at Paris-Diderot to (mostly) the members of the group of Gabriel Catren.

• CommentRowNumber103.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield

There’s a table that doesn’t work after

Structures expressible in cohesive homotopy type theory

I tried to see what was wrong, but couldn’t find it.

• CommentRowNumber104.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Nov 6th 2014)

Thanks for the alert. I managed to fix this by, it seems, experimenting with removing and re-adding whitespace.

On the one hand this is good, on the other hand it is one more indication that something is bugging the software. We have beein discussing “invisible” whitespace problems also with redirects lately…

• CommentRowNumber105.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2016

I am giving a lecture series in Lisbon on Structure Theory for Higher WZW Terms (schreiber). In the process I am making further little edits in the geometry of physics lecture note series. Today I mostly touched the section on Lie integration at geometry of physics – smooth homotopy types.