Not signed in (Sign In)

Start a new discussion

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2012

I have touched the following entries, trying to interlink them more closely by added sentences with cross-links that indicate how they relate to each other:

Also linked for instance to semicategory from category, etc.

Linked also to Delta space, but the entry doe not exist yet.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2012
    • (edited Nov 23rd 2012)

added to semicategory a little bit of this and that, and in particular a section Relation to categories with some basic remarks.

For the fun of it, I stated a univalence/semi-complete Segal space-style formulation of when a semi-category 𝒞\mathcal{C} is a category: precisely if

Id(𝒞 1) 𝒞 1 s 𝒞 0, \array{ Id(\mathcal{C}_1) &\hookrightarrow& \mathcal{C}_1 \\ & {}_{\mathllap{\simeq}}\searrow & \downarrow^{\mathrlap{s}} \\ && \mathcal{C}_0 } \,,

where Id(𝒞 1)𝒞Id(\mathcal{C}_1) \hookrightarrow \mathcal{C} is the subset of morphisms that are neutral elements in endomorphism semi-monoids.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorFinnLawler

Added a paragraph, while I thought of it, to semicategory on the left and right adjoints to the forgetful functor from Cat; similar paragraph added at semifunctor.

At some point I want to write a page for semiadjunctions, which are adjunctions in the 2-category of categories, semifunctors and (I think) ordinary transformations; they give you things like models for non-extensional lambda-calculus, and possibly things like weak limits. I don’t have the time right now, but maybe putting this here will remind me.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks!! Nice. I wasn’t actually aware of that relation to idempotent completion, I have to admit. Added a brief pointer there back to semicategories.

Add your comments
  • Please log in or leave your comment as a "guest post". If commenting as a "guest", please include your name in the message as a courtesy. Note: only certain categories allow guest posts.
  • To produce a hyperlink to an nLab entry, simply put double square brackets around its name, e.g. [[category]]. To use (La)TeX mathematics in your post, make sure Markdown+Itex is selected below and put your mathematics between dollar signs as usual. Only a subset of the usual TeX math commands are accepted: see here for a list.

• (Help)