Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2012

note on Bn-geometry

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorjim_stasheff
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2012
    There's got to be better name!
    • CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Nov 27th 2012)

Actually, the developments show that there need not be a new name at all, as this is just part of T-duality, as is kown now. But since people still refer to it as “B nB_n-geometry”, there needs to be an entry that says what is meant by this name.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble

Of course you can’t help that it’s called that, but I agree it’s not a great name. My first association would be an incidence geometry modeled on a Coxeter group in the B nB_n series. I guess it’s not that.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Nov 27th 2012)

Actually it is. Plain generalized complex geometry is controled by the structure group of the generalized tangent bundle of a manifold, which is SO(n,n)SO(n,n) and hence of type D nD_n. Here now one adds a line bundle to this (the Poincare line bundle of the T-duality correspondence) and so the structure group becomes SO(n+1,n)SO(n+1,n), of type B nB_n.

I have added a brief note to this extent to the entry.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble

Oh, thanks! So it is a good name after all.