Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorJohn Baez
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009
    I added more info on pseudo double categories and double bicategories to double category. I also simplified the picture of a square, which had been bristling with scary unnecessary detail. There's a slight blemish in the left vertical arrow, which I can't see how to fix.
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009

Urs fixed it.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2018

added pointer to Ehresmann 63

diff, v53, current

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2018
    • (edited Dec 29th 2018)

There was a strange line break added in a recent anonymous edit that mucked up the reference to Brown and Higgins’s paper. Strangely although it mucked up the viewed page the error introduced did not show on the ’latest changes’ view!

diff, v57, current

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2018
    • (edited Dec 29th 2018)

Yes, this is a phenomenon that affects several pages. It must have been introduced not by an edit to these pages, but by one of the recent changes to the rendering software. I guess we should just fix all occurences by hand, as we encounter them.

1. attempt to introduce string diagrams

Antonin Delpeuch

diff, v58, current

2. improve string diagram so that notations with first diagram are consistent

Antonin Delpeuch

diff, v58, current

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorDmitri Pavlov
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2020

Added the gregarious model structure on double categories.

diff, v61, current

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2020

Where does the name “gregarious” come from?

• CommentRowNumber10.

Added mention and citations of various other model structures on DblCat.

diff, v62, current

• CommentRowNumber11.

The only reference I could find for the gregarious model structure was some slides from a talk. Is there more?

3. Removed the phrase “conjectured to be”.

Alexander Campbell

diff, v63, current

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthorGuest
    Re #9: The word "gregarious" is used a few places in the double category literature (e.g. http://tac.mta.ca/tac/volumes/24/13/24-13abs.html) in relation to companions and conjoints. In the present context it refers to the "gregarious equivalences" which describe the weak equivalences and fibrations of this model structure.

Re #11: There will be a paper eventually, but it's at the bottom of my to-do list.

Alexander Campbell
    • CommentRowNumber14.

Thanks!

I’m impressed that you anticipate ever reaching the bottom of your to-do list. I gave up any hope of that years ago. (-:O

4. Alas, by the time I get around to writing it, it will no longer be at the bottom of my to-do list ;-)
    • CommentRowNumber16.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2021

added pointer to:

diff, v70, current

• CommentRowNumber17.
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2021

Added reference

• {#MSVHInvar} Lyne Moser, Maru Sarazola, Paula Verdugo, A model structure for weakly horizontally invariant double categories, arxiv, 2020

diff, v72, current

• CommentRowNumber18.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2022

Added a reference

diff, v73, current

• CommentRowNumber19.
    • CommentAuthormattecapu
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2022

added Grandis’ textbook in references

diff, v77, current

• CommentRowNumber20.
    • CommentAuthormattecapu
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2022

added awesome double categories to the references

diff, v78, current

• CommentRowNumber21.
    • CommentAuthormattecapu
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2022

added related page: multiple category

diff, v80, current

• CommentRowNumber22.
    • CommentAuthorBryceClarke
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2023

Added link to the Virtual Double Categories Workshop, held in 2022, which contains slides and recordings from 19 talks on double categories.

diff, v81, current

• CommentRowNumber23.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2023

I have extracted out of the “collected works” a small pdf file with just this article:

• Charles Ehresmann, Catégories double et catégories structurées, C.R. Acad. Paris 256 (1963) 1198-1201

diff, v85, current

• CommentRowNumber24.
    • CommentAuthorvarkor
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2023

Provide a link to a characterisation of one-object double categories.

diff, v86, current

5. Added references to some important works by Grandis and Pare

Patrick Nicodemus

diff, v87, current

• CommentRowNumber26.
    • CommentAuthorvarkor
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2024

Add a reference for the multicategory structure.

diff, v89, current