Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013

gave virtual fundamental class an Idea-section (feel free to improve) and added a bunch of pointers to the literature in the References-section

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013

I added the reference in which the virtual fundamental classes for derived moduli spaces are first introduced

• Maxim Kontsevich, Enumeration of rational curves via torus actions, in: The moduli space of curves (Texel Island, 1994), 335–368, Progr. Math. 129, Birkhäuser 1995. MR1363062 (97d:14077), hep-th/9405035
    • CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorDylan Wilson
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2014

Page 23 of Toën’s new survey on the arxiv was the clearest/least “shrouded in mysetery” definition I’ve ever seen of the virtual fundamental class. Probably I’d just been silly and missed it until now… I wrote a brief, brief description of this definition and added the reference to Toën. I’ll try to do more later, in particular I’m going to try and work out examples.

Incidentally, this is my first ever contribution to the nLab- so do check that I didn’t accidentally blow up the internet.

Cheers! Dylan

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorRodMcGuire
    • (edited Jan 11th 2014)

check that I didn’t accidentally blow up the internet.

Did you mean \gg (\gg) for what your >> currently renders as “Unknown character Unknown character”?

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorDylan Wilson
    • (edited Jan 11th 2014)

Yep! Thank you :)

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthoradeelkh

Thanks, I was actually looking at this page just yesterday. Good to know Toën’s new survey discusses this!

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks. I have fixed/touched the formatting and added more hyperlinks.