Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2013

The old entry 1-groupoid was a bit vague. I have added a paragraph with a more precise description.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter
    • (edited Apr 29th 2013)

I have just been looking at 1-hypergroupoids as a prelude to talking about n-hypergroupoids (in the sense of Duskin, but also Glenn) in some work for the Profinite monograph. How might that topic and terminology be best melded in with this (and related) entries?

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Apr 29th 2013)

Hi Tim,

not sure what you are asking. There is a quick note at n-groupoid – As Kan complexes.

What is missing on the nnLab, it seems, is the discussion of how nn-hypergroupoids exhaust (n+1)(n+1)-cosketal Kan complexes up to equivalence.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • (edited Apr 29th 2013)

There is a neat version of (probably) Glenn’s version of n-hypergroupoids in Munoz’s thesis. (This uses a truncted simp. object then has a specific lift, an n-bracket, that is a bit like algebraic Kan conditions. I have not completely worked out what to do with them, but they give the structure (with 4 axioms). I have mislaid Glenn’s paper so cannot check if that stuff was in there. There is good stuff in Beke’s paper, but the links are not all that I would want. I will try to put some more stuff up on the hypergroupoid entry, when I have worked things through a it more.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Apr 29th 2013)

I like the account of nn-hypergroupoids in Pridham 09.

• CommentRowNumber6.

Yes. That is a good one.