Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2013
    • (edited Jun 23rd 2013)

It seems that the story at super line 2-bundle finds its natural interpretation actually in the augmented infinity-groups of units of Sagave in

• Steffen Sagave, Spectra of units for periodic ring spectra (arXiv:1111.6731)

From Sagave’s theorem 1.2 It feels like the following should be true, but I need to properly check:

Assertion. The geometric realization of the group super 2-stack of super line 2-bundles sits inside what Sagave’s bgl 1 *bgl_1^\ast-operation yields when applied to the complex K-theory spectrum:

|2sLine|bgl 1 *(KU). {\vert 2\mathbf{sLine}\vert} \subset bgl_1^\ast(KU) \,.

Certainly the homotopy groups on both sides match. But I need to formally convince myself that there is a map that exhibits the homotopy equivalence.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2013

Ah, yes, it works. It follows from example 4.10 in Sagave’s article.

(More later, am on the road…)

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2013

There must be a super-duper higher parallel of your assertion

|n???Line|bgl 1 *(???). {\vert n \mathbf{???Line}\vert} \simeq bgl_1^\ast(???) \,.

that we could then name the

Schreiber higher super-geometry conjecture.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2013
    • (edited Jul 1st 2013)

I have now finally double checked: the statement is indeed that there is a homotopy equivalence between the geometric realization of the super 2-stack of super line 2-bundles and the 4-truncation of Steffen Sagave’s non-connected delooping of the \infty-group of units of KUKU:

|Super2Line|bgl 1 *(KU)0,...,4. {\vert \mathbf{Super2Line}\vert} \simeq bgl_1^\ast(KU) \langle 0,...,4\rangle \,.

I put that statement into the entry here, but of course more details should eventually go there.

re3:

that would be fun :-) But maybe first I need to understand what the systematics is behind that truncation. There seem to be two possibilities for speculation:

1. maybe in higher-truncated supersymmetry in the Kapranov sense, we can capture all of bgl 1 *(KU)bgl_1^\ast(KU) by super line 2-bundles;

2. or else maybe there is a good sense in which the low degree-twists which are captures by super line 2-bundles are already the “good” ones that one should focus on in some contexts.

Not sure…

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2013

And could passing towards 3-bundles change the spectrum to tmftmf?

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2013

maybe there is a good sense in which the low degree-twists which are captures by super line 2-bundles are already the “good” ones that one should focus on in some contexts.

Following the Tao of things, won’t we be led, whether we like it or not, to the fully untruncated truth of stable cohesion?

Did you see Mike’s Cafe comment which includes

Homotopy type theory seems to be telling us that constructive homological algebra is also much easier to do over the sphere spectrum than over the integers.