Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2013

added to the people-entry Maxim Kontsevich in the list of the four topics for which he received the Fields medal brief hyperlinked commented on what these keywords refer to.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2014

In the course of my series of adding little blurbs to category:people entries I turned to the entry Maxim Kontsevich, fully expecting it to be as empty of textual information as most of the other entries, only to find myself reminded that this entry actually has a very good bit of information in it.

I am wondering, though, if one should bring his homological mirror symmetry more to the forefront, together with the fact that via this Kontsevich had effectively been putting \infty-categories at the heart of modern QFT long before this became more widely recognized (and that is an ongoing process, of course).

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthortrent
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2014
    • (edited Dec 8th 2014)

Added Maxim Kontsevich’s introductory lecture on Calabi-Yau Motives to the page. (The rest of the breakthrough prize symposium mathematics lectures are much more introductory … which is why I didn’t add them).