Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2013
    • (edited Dec 10th 2013)

I noticed that the table dependent sum natural deduction - table comes out ill-formatted. I am pretty sure that this used to come out right (it had been included at dependent sum for a long time).

Experimenting with its first lines at Sandbox, I find that this code here displays fine

|  | [[type theory]] | [[category theory]] |
      |--|--|--|
      |  | [[syntax]] | [[semantics]] |
      |  | **[[dependent sum type]]** | **[[dependent sum]]** |

while this code here does not

|  | [[type theory]] | [[category theory]] |
      |--|--|--|
      |  | [[syntax]] | [[semantics]] |
      |  |  [[natural deduction]]     |  [[universal construction]] | 
      |  | **[[dependent sum type]]** | **[[dependent sum]]** |

Maybe I am being dense, but I can’t spot a syntax error here. Can anyone see what’s going on?

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey

I’d file this one as a bug.

The error is that there was a space at the end of the line with natural deduction on it. The table syntax ought to be robust against trailing spaces, but it would appear that it isn’t.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks.

Okay, removing that space makes the first four lines isolated come out right.

But removing that space in dependent sum natural deduction - table made the whole entry disappear entirely.

Can you see what might fix this?

• CommentRowNumber4.

Oh, that was just the nLab refusing to display those ugly diagrams.

Seriously, there was a space on the end of the last line as well.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Okay, thanks.

Hm, this will affect dozens of nnLab pages.

I just tried to see what happens to the tables at geometry of physics. But that page won’t display at all anymore. Calling it consistently gives that smoke error message

Application error (Apache)

Something very bad just happened. I just know it. Do you smell smoke?

Hm, do you think we could revert to the instiki version prior to this morning’s update until the new bugs have been ironed out?

• CommentRowNumber6.

I think I’ve fixed the table bug. Please report any tables that are still broken.

I’ll report it to Jacques so he can fix it in the source as well.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks!!

And geometry of physics now displays, too. Thanks!!

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2013
    • (edited Dec 24th 2013)

I just noticed that also the table homotopy n-types - table broke with the last update.

I had a guess at what the issue might be and was lucky: the table originally did not have the leftmost and the rightmost delimiting vertical bars. That did work before, but apparently with the new update they are now mandatory. I have inserted them in this table and now it is being displayed again.

Not sure how many other tables this might affect. Is there anything we could do to check wether updates to the nnLab software are backward-compatible or whether we indeed find them to be improvements over the current state?

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2013

The rendering of the diagrams at triangle identity – As diagrams is broken. Here I don’t see what’s going on.

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels

Those look fine to me, although some of the boxes in As string diagrams have lost their right sides.

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Ah, then maybe it’s just my Opera+MathJax that makes them come out wrong.

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2013

I’ve just installed an update to maruku which should fix the broken tables properly.

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2014

Thanks, Andrew!

This table here is (still) broken: locally presentable categories - table

I tried a bit to see if I can figure out what the problem is, but I couldn’t.

• CommentRowNumber14.

How does it look now?

There were some new-lines in the middle of table rows. These aren’t allowed.

• CommentRowNumber15.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Jan 6th 2014)

Thanks!

Hm, I didn’t notice these newlines (looking at the code in a small window with plenty of extra line breaks). Maybe then it was me breaking the table by hand.

Thanks again.

• CommentRowNumber16.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2014
    • (edited Feb 4th 2014)

Just noticed that also the table homotopy-homology-cohomology was broken.

Until a minute ago this had after its first column a double vertical bar instead of just a single one. It seems this worked before one of the last software updates (and maybe produced a boldface line, as probably intended, I forget, but certainly it parsed and displayed).

Removing that made the table come out again.

If anyone spots further scrambled-looking tables, please drop a note here so that we can try to fix them.

• CommentRowNumber17.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2014

Since André Henriques just linked to it from MO,I noticed that in our entries periodic table and k-tuply monoidal n-category the very tables do not come our right, in that all the dollar signs that are meant to indicate maths context are being displayed.

• CommentRowNumber18.

Similarly, the escaped quotation marks are being shown with their escaping slash.

• CommentRowNumber19.

These tables are being produced by <table> rather than by Markdown's table (to allow the left-hand column to be in <th> rather than <td>).

• CommentRowNumber20.

Try adding markdown=1 to the table element.

• CommentRowNumber21.

They already have that!

Since you wrote markdown=1 and they actually had markdown="1", I tried just now removing the quotation marks, but that didn't help.

• CommentRowNumber22.

Check the Sandbox. It seems that the markdown="1" attribute needs to be on the innermost tags (td or th).

(I’m on a tablet right now so it’s tricky for me to fix the ones in question.)

• CommentRowNumber23.

OK, well, that's a change from before, since these tables were around and working for a long time. (And a tedious change to implement as well.)

But it works! They are now both fixed (until the next change?).

• CommentRowNumber24.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks, Toby!!