Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorRobin
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2014
    For my first contribution to nLab, I've typed up my notes on effect algebras, with the definitions of a generalized effect algebra and morphism of effect algebras. The proofs here are more basic than most that I've seen on the wiki, but I've decided to include them in the spirit of this being a public lab book.
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks!

If here on the nForum you type

[[effect algebra]]

It produces the link to the nLab entry effect algebra.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

By the way, don’t worry about proofs being too basic. The nLab in total records a lot of proofs by now, but on average in the entries, it should eventually be many more. If an entry grows large and we begin to feel that more elementary discussion should be separated from more advanced discussion, then we can still split it up or do something else about it. But every piece of information is welcome,

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble

I include lots of basic proofs in my own write-ups. This works better for me than writing airily that something is “obvious”, only to come back in five years and wonder what the hell I was thinking. :-)

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorspitters

Is there any way to fold proofs? And general material for that matter? Texmacs has the possibility, and I am sure, I have seen it in wiki’s too.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Not currently implemented, no. But I suppose the same trick that makes the pull-down context menus work could be used to make proofs appear only when clicking on them.