Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorHarry Gindi
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010
    • (edited Jan 7th 2010)
    I guess when you lab elves did some tinkering, the page disappeared. Probably because + is in the name. It shows up in the search, but the link is going to the wrong spot.
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey

Yes, it's the plus sign. Since plus is used in URLs to encode a space, it's a dangerous symbol to have in a page name. Clearly in the latest upgrade, something is decoding the page names one more time than before and so the plus sign is getting interpreted as a space. One could make the case that internal links ought to work, in that they should know how many times the page names are going to get decoded and so encode them the right number, but I suspect that this is buried in libraries rather than in the main code.

So the simplest solution is to rename the page to remove the plus sign. It's the only page that has a plus sign in it, by the way. Would that be acceptable? If so, what would you like the page to become?

You wait; time passes. Thorin sits down and starts singing about gold.

Bleugh. I just tried to apply a temporary fix just to make the page easily accessible again. I tried to do this first from within the nLab but that ended up creating a duplicate page! Doing it from the database seems to have worked, though. So the page is accessible at SEAR plus epsilon. I've added some redirects so that hopefully any previous reference to that page that had a '+' in it will worth whether the '+' gets interpreted as a space or as a plus. Of course, feel free to rename it more appropriately but please don't use a plus sign.

(The duplicate page is at SEAR epsilon - delete)

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorHarry Gindi
    Yeah, I was trying to read it earlier and it was gone. Thanks for the repair.
    • CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels

@ Andrew

You left a redirect in SEAR epsilon - delete, so I edited it and let my edit get a bit drastic, but I left the category alone. It's the only page in that category now, so you can delete it if that's what you want to do. (It has no meaningful edit history that's not there in SEAR plus epsilon, no incoming links except discussions about the page rather than about its content, created in the course of duty by the same lab elf who would delete it --- I don't object.) Or remove the category listing and leave it how it is, harmless and orphaned.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010
    Deleted. Absolutely no point leaving it hanging around.