Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorbblfish
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2014
    • (edited Aug 25th 2014)

Clicking on the Markdown+Itex Help button opens a new window with an HTTP 404 message.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorbblfish
    • (edited Aug 22nd 2014)
    The markdown+Itex Help link does not work ( using Firefox latest beta) - so could not find how to create a clickable link
    • CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Aug 22nd 2014)

To produce a clickable link with the markdown+Itex formatting type

[link text](url)

For the ease of other readers, here is the link you provided:

Formal Modelling and Application of Graph Transformations in the Resource Description Framework

(Apologies for not having anything of value to say about the actual content behind your link. Others here may have something to say, though.)

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorbblfish
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2014

Thanks for the help Urs. I fixed the original link. Still someone should be told that the markup help link returns a 404.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2014
    • (edited Aug 23rd 2014)

That someone would be Andrew Stacey, who set up the nForum. He is or has been moving positions, and in the course of this some non-relative links from the nForum broke, we had this issue elsewhere already. If I remember well then he is aware of it and said he’d fix it once he finds time.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorbblfish
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2014

I changed the content of this thread, as it ended up being mostly about this bug in the wiki. I don’t know how to contact Andrew Stacey. I guess some people here will know.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorRodMcGuire

I noted this back in July: Help link is broken for the nForum.

Andrew replied that he would fix but it hasn’t happened yet.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey

Fixed now.

(I didn’t consider this a major issue since search item number three is helpfully labelled “Daring Fireball: Markdown Syntax Documentation which contains full instructions on how to create link texts.)

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorbblfish
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2014

It now works beautifully. :-)