Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2014

started some minimum at vacuum amplitude. Briefly mentioned relation to a) generating functionals for correlators and b) to zeta functions and c) to expected evanishing in supersymmetric theories

Remarked that in view of b) and c) one is tempted to expect some relation between 1-loop vacuum amplitudes of supersymmetric field/string theories with the Riemann hypothesis. Added a pointer to the article ACER 11 which seems to find just that.

If anyone has further pointers to literature relating vanishing of susy 1-loop vacuum amplitudes and (generalized) Riemann hypotheses, please drop me a note.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

related PO question

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield

Did you look at who’s citing the ACER paper, e.g., these?

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Not yet, am out of time and battery for the moment. I am hoping somebody might point me to a specifically clean insight. But otherwise I’ll try to dig around, of course.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield

Eluding SUSY at every genus on stable closed string vacua, Sergio L. Cacciatori, Matteo A. Cardella (arxiv) suggests there have been extensions of ACER asymptotics to higher genus.

the error term turns out to be remarkably connected to the Riemann hypothesis [CC1],[CC2]

CC1] S. Cacciatori M. Cardella, “Equidistribution rates, closed string amplitudes, and the Riemann hypothesis,” JHEP12 (2010) 025. [CC2] S. L. Cacciatori and M. A. Cardella, “Uniformization, Unipotent Flows and the Riemann Hypothesis,” arXiv:1102.1201 [math.NT].

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks, David, for all these pointers.

I did now look at ACER11 in a bit more detail, the statement there (the other references you list revolve around the same statement) is that by the Rankin-Selberg-Zagier method the partition function of a (super-)string is usefully expanded for small proper time as a constant (the vacuum energy) plus a sum of decaying oscillatory terms, one for each non-trivial zero of the Riemann zeta function. By estimates on the decay strength this implies certain asymptotic vanishing results, too.

This is nice (I made a note at Riemann hypothesis and physics) but it is not yet quite what I was hoping for. I was thinking that since the vacuum amplitude itself is like a zeta function, there should be a “generalized Riemann hypothesis” applying to it directly, and describe its vanishing directly.

Maybe I am off here, or maybe it just hasn’t materialized. But also this is not going to be my high priority for the moment, it was just an thought that occured to me while fine-tuning the table of analogies.