Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthordomenico_fiorenza
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2014
    • (edited Sep 5th 2014)

With Alessandro Valentino we have now written a short note on anomalous tqfts and projective representations. In case you’d like to have a preview of it before we post it to the arXiv, any suggestion, comment or criticism is welcome.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2014

Excellent that you have now written this up! I have been referring to these ideas from a few articles already (some of them joint with you! :-) and never could give a proper citation. Now I will be able to.

I have sent you a bunch of little comments by email.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthordomenico_fiorenza
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2014
    • (edited Sep 17th 2014)

We have now submitted the note to arXiv. Actually we did submit last Friday, but since then the paper appears to be “on hold”, due to mysterious classification issues. So far we have only received the following message from arXiv:

Dear Domenico Fiorenza,

Your submission is currently on hold pending a decision on classification. The “hold” status merely indicates that one or more of the moderators need additional time to consider your article.

Due to the volume of mail arXiv receives, we are not able to provide regular status updates. Upon resolution, your submission will be deposited in arXiv, or we will contact you with further information.

– arXiv moderation

This looks weird, since the classifications we had provided are:

Categories: math.CT hep-th Comments: 26 pages, 6 figures MSC-class: 55N22

But anyway, I still hope everything will be dealt by the arXiv team within a few days.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2014

Has anyone looked at or suggested what might be possible to generalise to nn-characters from the 1-character case? E.g., 1-characters of a discrete group can be decomposed into irreducibles, which satisfy orthogonality relations, etc.

1. The preprint has now appeared on arXiv as arXiv:1409.5723, reclassified as math.QA (hep-th math.CT)

David: that’s interesting, worth investigating! Thanks!

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2014

I have now added pointers to the article to

Probably it should be added elsehwere, too.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2014
    • (edited Sep 25th 2014)

By the way, what is the meaning of that bit of Chinese after the abstract?

天下大乱,形势大好

When I ask Google about this it translates it to “Chaos, the situation is excellent” But i suppose something was lost in this translation…

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2014

Apparently it’s a quote from Mao. “Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent”, but that doesn’t really convey the sense or the context, I’m sure.

2. Hi,

right, that’s a sentence which Alessandro and me were mumbling a lot of times while in Bonn we were trying to make our path through the literature on relative field theories and boundary conditions and deciding whether it was worth writing our version of the story. It is commonly attributed to Mao, but by a long search with Alessandro we found out that there exist no precise reference to when it should have been said or written, or for which occasion, and so the attribution is unsure.