Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthortonyjones
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2015
    Hi guys, I can't see to access any of the nlab pages, keep getting a badgateway message. Is it just me?
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorRodMcGuire

it works for me.

It may mean something is overloaded in the nLab.

502 bad gateway has cropped up rarely in the past but doesn’t seem to persist.

e.g. from Dec 12 nforum: 502 bad gateway

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble

Today I was getting it too, but it seems to have gone away for me.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthortonyjones
    I switched to internet explorer and it works
    • CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorexpixpi
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2015
    Using Mac. Me too have the "502" error ... I did not have before.
    • CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthoradeelkh
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2015

I’ve restarted the server, please let me know if the errors persist.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorRodMcGuire
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2015

According to Urs

presently Adeel is reconfiguing something and for the moment the whole nLab produces Bad Gateway errors.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorspitters
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2015

Thanks to Adeel and letsencrypt, we now have https for the nlab. This should eventually also lead to better load times.

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2015
    • (edited Dec 16th 2015)

Firefox on my ubuntu does not work any more neither with nLab nor with nForum. It connects and then resets without loading the actual page. The problem is for about couple of days (I think coinciding with https names), I am not quite sure. I installed chromium on the same computer and no problems there.

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorspitters

It works fine for me. Did you try restarting FF? Do you have a recent version ? Could it be a plugin ?

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthoreperzhand
    zskoda, it is probably due to self signed certificates. If you ff is setted to decline selfsigned, then you have to add the exception
    But I'm not sure if Adeel and letsencrypt used self signed or not
    • CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentAuthorspitters
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2015

letsencrypt is supported by all the main players (MS, mozilla, facebook, …) It’s accepted in recent versions FF.

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • (edited Dec 17th 2015)

It is firefox on ubuntu 12.10, yes I restarted, cleared cache and removed nlab related cookies, it does not work. Hm, 12: then my old Kindle will not work as well…

• CommentRowNumber14.
    • CommentAuthoradeelkh

Not sure what the problem could be. Which version of Firefox are you using?

• CommentRowNumber15.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

• CommentRowNumber16.
    • CommentAuthorspitters

Mine is 43.0. Perhaps, it is time to upgrade? Not so much for the nlab, but to keep you safe from malware.