Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2015
    • (edited Apr 14th 2015)

Maybe I am slowly beginning to see a connection between the parabolic geometry as in the references at BGG resolution and the story of the boquet of super-spacetimes and super pp-branes that I am after.

So one neat observation (here) that got me thinking is that given one of the 3-cocycles that are superstring WZW terms on a super-Minkowski spacetime d1,1|N\mathbb{R}^{d-1,1\vert N}, then the joint stabilizer group in GL( d1,1|N)GL(\mathbb{R}^{d-1,1\vert N}) of the 3-cocycle and the Lie bracket is the spin-cover Spin(d1,1)Spin(d-1,1) of the Lorentz group.

This is neat because it gives a general abstract reason to equip dd-dimensional supermanifolds with orthogonal structure, hence with super-pseudo-Riemannian structure (as opposed to other structure).

But now this means the following: it means that the tangent bundle of a Lorentzian supermanifold is not just a bundle of super-vector spaces, but a bundle of supersymmetry Lie algebras: the transition functions of the tangent bundle are not just any old super-linear maps, but they preserve the super Lie algebra structure on the typical fiber d1,1|N\mathbb{R}^{d-1,1\vert N} – and in addition they preserve the superstring 3-cocycle on that super Lie algebra.

Now this fact that the tangent bundle is actually a bundle of Lie algebras is a phenomenon shared with parabolic geometry, see e.g. Čap-Souček 07, p. 12.

Also, these BGG sequences of bundles of Lie algebra cohomology classes begin to look like something familiar from that brane-bouquet perspective, where it is these exceptional super Lie algebra cohomology classes that one wants to globalize over the Cartan geometry.

I don’t know yet what the upshot is, though.