Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorngc121629
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2015
    I have read many discussions offering an explanation of non-locality but I cannot find one that starts with the assumption that an electron wave function described by Dirac's solution has 4 wave functions.
    I want to read an article that presumes as an ANZATZ that the ordinary Dirac negatively charged electron (either spin up or spin down) is sent thru a beam 50/50 splitter and is detected by one of two detectors regardless of their separation and determines the spin of that electron .Since it (the spin vector) can only be in one of the two allowed states ;the other detector cannot detect anything because of conservation of momentum .If two electrons are sent the number of possible detectable spinor states =2x2=4 and it is impossible to detect and identify which electron's state was detected
    Please help what did I miss where is the spooky action at a distance?
    As an aside since Ephoton =hf and any photon has a momentum p=E/c- is not any measurement uncertain by definition?
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2015

PhysicsOverflow?