Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nforum nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf sheaves simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorporton
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2015
    • (edited Aug 13th 2015)

First I have written and self-published a e-book with my research related with general topology, I welcome to read my book, it is a draft but near release quality now:

I have also started a VERY rough partial draft which I refer as “volume 2”. This volume contains things related with category theory.

I welcome you to look into volume 2 and judge whether my CT concepts are novel (or is novel only applying them to funcoids and reloids?)

For example, I define product of every family of endomorphisms of a category whose Hom-sets are complete lattices. (Need to check this my statement for errors however.) Is it a new idea? The product in this case is also an endomorphism (but for certain ordered dagger categories I define product of every family of morphisms, not only endomorphisms.)

Please copy ideas from my texts to nLab wiki.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2015

I did look, and unfortunately there are concepts with unfamiliar names on the first page that are used with no definition, and unexplained notation. This makes me give up immediately.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorporton
    • (edited Aug 14th 2015)

@DavidRoberts: I have added definitions of metamonovalued, metainjective, metacomplete, and co-metacomplete morphisms to volume 2 draft.

Now you can read it till usage of continuous morphisms. Consult volume 1 for continuous morphisms.

Well, OK, I will give the definitions of continuous morphisms (C\mathrm{C}) here (μ\mu and ν\nu are arbitrary endomorphisms of a category whose Hom-sets are ordered):

fC(μ;ν)fHom(Obμ;Obν) and fμνf.f\in\mathrm{C}(\mu;\nu)\Leftrightarrow f\in\Hom(\Ob\mu;\Ob\nu)\text{ and } f\circ\mu\sqsubseteq\nu\circ f.

If the precategory is a partially ordered dagger precategory then continuity also can be defined in two other ways:

fC (μ;ν)fHom(Obμ;Obν) and μf νf;f\in\mathrm{C}^'(\mu;\nu)\Leftrightarrow f\in\Hom(\Ob\mu;\Ob\nu)\text{ and } \mu\sqsubseteq f^{\dagger}\circ\nu\circ f; fC(μ;ν)fHom(Obμ;Obν) and fμf ν.f\in\mathrm{C}''(\mu;\nu)\Leftrightarrow f\in\Hom(\Ob\mu;\Ob\nu)\text{ and } f\circ\mu\circ f^{\dagger}\sqsubseteq\nu.
    • CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorporton

I’ve added also definitions of monovalued morphisms and entirely defined morphisms.

It seems now nothing prevents you to read it.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorporton

I updated my draft for clarity more.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorporton

It is not only applying CT to funcoids, but also the reverse: Funcoids are a useful tool for pure CT.

For example, product of morphisms of certain categories with ordered Hom-sets is defined by me as a pointfree funcoid.

See volume 1 of my book (almost ready draft).