Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2015

The page geometric realization of simplicial topological spaces seems to have all external links just pointing to itself. Not sure why this happened, it might have been due to a script run at some point during the nJournal publication process.

I haven’t time to fix them now, just a heads up. I don’t know if the problem is present anywhere else.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I went and checked the first dozen links in the entry. They all work fine for me. Could you check again? If you see the problem persist for some links, could you maybe pinpoint these?

• CommentRowNumber3.

External links, such as are found in the references, not to anchors further down the page. I didn’t check all of them, but try a few arXiv links.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield

It’s happening because people haven’t filled in urls in lots of the references.

• CommentRowNumber5.

One of them is a strange mish-mash of the end of an external URL tacked on the end of the address of the page. It’s the sort of thing a script might produce, rather than a person.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Sep 17th 2015)

Ah, now I see. Yes, all the urls in the references section have been blank. Or have probably been blank_ed_ at some point, for unnown reason, since certainly I had once added them all.

I have started re-filling them in, about half of them at least. It’s straightforward. But my connection here is shaky. Somebody else please fill in the remaining ones.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Sep 17th 2015)

Okay, I have now reinstantiated all the missing url-s.

Chasing the page history, one sees that the revision after which all the urls for external links disappeared was simply the last revision, revision 55 before the issue came up here.

This revision was by our esteemed contributor Karol Szumiło who added this paragraph fixing a mistake (in the literature) that he had brought up here before, and which meanwhile got resolved on MO.

So I am sure Karol didn’t intend to remove all urls in the entry. Indeed also the url to the MO question that is the whole point of the paragraph he added was missing. I have retrieved it now with a little help from Google.

So I am not sure what happened, but I hope it was some glitch with Karol’s editor, instead of some weird new bug in the nnLab software.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2015

Thanks, Urs, didn’t mean for you to go and do them all!

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Sep 18th 2015)

No problem. Thanks for catching and highlighting the issue.

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorKarol Szumiło

I didn’t realize that my edit caused such a mess, sorry for not catching that. I made an edit using Firefox just as I always do and I didn’t touch anything except this one paragraph. I have no idea what might have happened.

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks, Karol.

Now that makes it all rather mysterious. Maybe we should look out for this happening in other entries that are being edited, maybe it’s some bug with our software after all. Strange.