Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorTim Campion
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2016

It’s kind of strange to have separate pages for compactly generated (∞,1)-category and locally presentable (∞,1)-category, since they are really terminological variants of each other. There’s a grammatical difference in how Lurie uses them: for him, “[locally] presentable ∞-category” leaves the degree of accessibility unspecified, whereas “compactly-generated” sets the degree of accessibility at κ=ω\kappa = \omega. When he wants to specify the degree of accessibility, he has a choice between “[locally] κ\kappa-presentable” and “κ\kappa-compactly-generated”; he opts for the latter. At the very least, these articles should be modified to better reflect this.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorTim Campion
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2016

I’ve made some changes to those two pages as well as accessible (∞,1)-category to better reflect this. If anyone feels like merging the pages, that might be a reasonable thing to do.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2016
    • (edited Mar 21st 2016)

Thanks for this, that’s a good point. The entries could have been organized a bit better, that’s true. Thanks for adding clarifications. Myself, I don’t have the energy to look into it right now, but feel invited to edit further if or when you feel like it.