Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2016

I have added statement of the basic fact that nn-spheres are cosets of orthogonal groups to coset space (also to n-sphere). Then I added a section “Properties – Sequences of coset spaces” with the basic statement about sequences induced from the consecutive inclusion of two subgroups, and an example involving orthogonal groups. Just basic stuff, for reference.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2016

I have changed the redirects: “coset space” used to point to homogeneous space instead of to coset. I changed that and accordingly moved the above additions to the entry coset.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2016

Have added a section Properties – Quotient maps with some sufficient conditions on when coset projections are fiber bundles. I have also copied these over to principal bundle – Properties – coset projections

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • (edited May 3rd 2016)

Why coset space is separated from previous entry homogeneous space ? Is there any real difference ? Well, I remember that one assumes Hausdorff paracompact spaces to have 1-1 correspondence between the two points of view, but has this observation being precisely implemented in this split ? I am just noticing this to make peopkle aware that we need some readjusting eventually.

In noncommutative geometry, in the quantum group case the common definitions like of the quantum homogeneous space and of the quantum coset space are quite different and some specialization is also needed to have an exact correspondence.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Yes, the orignal entry has a subsection (here) discussing the relation. Or rather: pointing to a place where it is discussed.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

Formally, homogeneous spaces are more general, the coset spaces are the archetypal examples, that is, under weak assumptions the general examples up to isomorphisms.