Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2016

I have added to cotensor product a section, here, with some basics on cotensor products of comodules over commutative Hopf algebroids. The same stuff I have added also in the respective section at commutative Hopf algebroid

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2019
    • Samuel Eilenberg, John. C Moore, Homology and fibrations. I. Coalgebras, cotensor product and its derived functors, Comment. Math. Helv. 40 (1966) 199–236 MR203730 doi

diff, v8, current

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

Few words more about induced comodules, along with a reference on Doi on homological properties of cotensor products. Doi unfortunately has all discussion for coalgebras over fields, what is insufficient for many modern applications with coalgebras over commutative rings where more nontrivial non-exactness phenomena have to be observed (or even worse for cotensor products over corings, that is coalgebras in the nonsymmetric categories of bimodules).

diff, v8, current

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

Added references of Positelski on semi-infinite homological algebra and

• T. Brzeziński, R. Wisbauer, Corings and comodules, London Math. Soc. Lec. Note Series 309, Cambridge 2003.

where (in both refs) the cotensor products are worked for coalgebras over commutative rings or in the categories of bimodules.

diff, v8, current

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2019

Maybe we should add a hatnote that “cotensor” is also used for powers in an enriched category, and for the multiplicative disjunction in a linearly distributive category?

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble

I agree that’s a good idea, Mike.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman

Added hatnote.

diff, v9, current