Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2016

Do others also not see the category theoretic diagrams of dependent sum natural deduction - table?

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorMatt Earnshaw

For some reason they were (broken) hotlinks to quicklatex.com rather than inline mathjax. Looking at revision #3, I suppose the issue was that p 1 p_1 overlaps \in in the type formation diagram (at least it does on my system), so I have (speculatively) rolled it back to that with an extra space thrown in.

• CommentRowNumber3.

dependent product natural deduction - table also has a problem, but now there are only two versions and neither shows anything.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2016
    • (edited Jul 8th 2016)

I started to fill in the missing diagrams in dependent product natural deduction - table. Unfortunately, these diagrams don't really make sense to me ―I think that they're using a bad paradigm―, and I can't figure out what all of them should be. Presumably Urs knows.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2016

They were supposed to depict the interpretation of the type theory in a categry, with dependent types as display morphisms, etc. I might try to look into it again later.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2018

Coming back to these tables,

dependent sum natural deduction - table: should we have (x,a)(x, a) as the label on the horizontal arrow in the row for term introduction, then tt similarly for the next row? And the diagram in the type formation row is OK? How about if we had p 1:XA𝒞/Xp_1: X \to A \in \mathcal{C}/X? And can’t we fit the p 2p_2 relations as we do at product natural deduction - table?

dependent product natural deduction - table: lacks diagrams for some rows.

• CommentRowNumber7.

I dabbled with a revised version at dependent sum natural deduction - table, leaving the original for comparison. Not sure about the term introduction row.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

should we have (x,a)(x, a) as the label on the horizontal arrow in the row for term introduction, then tt similarly for the next row?

Yes, that seems good.

The diagrams represent the syntax on the left only somewhat coarsely. Not sure if it can be made more precise while still being brief enough for an overview table instead of a detailed account.

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2018

Yes, e.g. there’s not much non-tautological that can be said briefly about the semantic computation rule for p 2p_2.