Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2016

Am starting an entry pro-manifold. Have added statement and proof that pro-Cartesian spaces are fully faithful in smooth loci (here).

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2016
    • (edited Aug 30th 2016)

I am considering the category of towers of Cartesian spaces with pro-morphisms between them, i.e. the full subcategory

TowCartSpPro(CartSp) TowCartSp \hookrightarrow Pro(CartSp)

of the pro-category of Cartesian spaces on those pro-objects that are formal sequential limits.

I think I wrote down a proof that equipped with “towers of good open covers”, this becomes a site:

The site of towers of Cartesian spaces and pro-morphisms.

But check. For the time being I have labeled the section as “under construction”.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

So I am thinking it is clear that this site of towers of Cartesian spaces and pro-morphism is an “infinity-cohesive site”:

the conditions we need to check essentially follow from the fact that degreewise the towers of Cartesian spaces with towers of good open covers between them behave like in the infinity-cohesive site of plain Cartesian spaces

For instance use that coproducts commute with connected limits (and towers are connected) to deduce that the Cech nerve of a formal limit over a tower of good open covers is degreewise a coproduct of representables, etc.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield

I was in that kind of area during this musing.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I am giving this a section of its own, we should discuss at The pro-category of towers.