Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2016
    • (edited Nov 30th 2016)

The scan of the writeup of Grothendieck’s 73 Buffalo lecture that we point to at functorial geometry is really badly done. Is there a better scan or any other re-typing available?

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble

This was brought up before, and I think one of the suggestions was to ask at the Categories mailing list. I agree it’s horrendous (don’t people care enough not to make such a mess of things?).

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield

This one here seems better.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield

In fact, it’s obviously better, so I’ve replaced the link.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks!

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble

Yes, thanks! That’s a relief.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts

Zen Lin Low’s thesis is largely about the abstract general notions that are in Grothendieck’s lectures, with the benefit of a couple of decades hindsight.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2016

Not sure what you mean to imply, but Zhen Lin’s thesis is to linked from the entry.

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2016

Nothing deep. I should have checked the entry before commenting :-/

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2017
    • (edited Oct 3rd 2017)

Going back to the entry functorial geometry it struck me that it didn’t really indicate that there is plenty of functorial geometry on the nnLab. So I went and expanded the line that used to read

Of course, the above discussion generalizes to other types of geometry and even higher geometry.

to

Of course, the above discussion generalizes to other types of geometry and even higher geometry, the general perspective being known as synthetic differential geometry or similar. For discussion of functorial (higher) differential geometry see for instance at smooth set (smooth ∞-groupoid), for discussion of functorial supergeometry see at super formal smooth set.

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2017

10: wrong link, functorial geometry, not geomertry.

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2017

Thanks. Fixed now.