Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2017

I need a word for the homotopy quotient (X)/S 1(\mathcal{L}X)/S^1 of free loop spaces X\mathcal{L}X by their canonical circle action. It seems that the only term in use with respect to this is “twisted loop space”, which however usually refers just to the constant loops ( constX)//S 1(\mathcal{L}_{const}X)//S^1. Since under nice conditions the derived functions on the Spec(A)/S 1\mathcal{L}Spec(A)/S^1 is the cyclic homology complex of AA, I suggest that a good name is “cyclic loop space”. I made a quick note at cyclic loop space, just to fix and disambiguate terminology.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2021
    • (edited Jun 21st 2021)

I have added pointer to cylic loop orbifolds in

Also added pointer to our

and

from which some of the entry material had been taken.

diff, v5, current

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2021

added pointer to:

diff, v11, current

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

also:

diff, v11, current

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

also:

diff, v11, current

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Jul 2nd 2021)

added (here) statement of the stable splitting theorem by Carlsson & Cohen 1987:

Ω Σ (Maps(S 1,ΣX)S 1)(Ω Σ BS 1)×k 1Ω Σ ((E(/k)) + /kX n) \Omega^\infty \Sigma^\infty \big( Maps(S^1, \Sigma X) \sslash S^1 \big) \;\; \simeq \;\; \big( \Omega^\infty \Sigma^\infty B S^1 \big) \times \underset{ k \in \mathbb{N}_{\geq 1} }{\prod} \Omega^\infty \Sigma^\infty \big( (E (\mathbb{Z}/k))_+ \wedge_{\mathbb{Z}/k} X^{\wedge^n} \big)

diff, v12, current

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

also pointer to

where this result was announced

diff, v12, current

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2021

added pointer to:

for the terminology “string space” (Section 4.8.1)

diff, v13, current

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2022

I have adjusted the wording in this partagraph in the Idea-section, which previouly was somewhat mixed up.

diff, v14, current