Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2017
    • (edited Mar 3rd 2017)

I finally gave spectral super-scheme an entry, briefly stating the idea.

This goes back to the observation highlighted in Rezk 09, section 2. There is some further support for the idea that a good definition of supergeometry in the spectrally derived/E E_\infty context is nothing but E E_\infty-geometry over even periodic ring spectra. I might add some of them later.

Thanks to Charles Rezk for discussion (already a while back).

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts

Does this relate to any grading by 𝕊\mathbb{S}, or augmentation or any other such structure?

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Mar 3rd 2017)

That \mathbb{Z}-grading on π (E)\pi_\bullet(E), that’s π 0(𝕊)\pi_0(\mathbb{S})-grading.

Indeed, by Sagave-Schlichtkrull, theorem 1.7-1.8 every connective E E_\infty-ring is canonically 𝕊\mathbb{S}-graded.

So E E_\infty-geometry already is the higher analog of super-geometry, but of \mathbb{Z}-graded supergeometry, not of the proper /2\mathbb{Z}/2-graded supergeometry.

The remaining problem is to turn this categorified/homotopified \mathbb{Z}-graded supergeometry into genuine /2\mathbb{Z}/2-graded supergeometry. This is achieved by requiring an even periodiv ground \infty-ring

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2017
    • (edited Mar 16th 2017)

I have added a brief mentioning of the corresponding concept of the spectral superpoint.