Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorPeter Heinig
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2017
    • (edited Jul 25th 2017)

Changes-note. Changed the already existing page 201707071634 to now contain a different svg illustration, planned to be used in an integrated way in pasting schemes soon.

Metadata. Like here, except that in 201707071634 symbols (arrows) indicating what is to be interpreted to 2-cells are given, in the same direction as in Power’s paper.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorRodMcGuire

I really can’t understand why you are announcing these pages, much uploading versions and revisions of them to the nLab.

They all look preliminary. Why don’t you just continue developing them on your computer (I assume in Inkscape) and only upload them when they are in final form and needed for inclusion in a nLab page. Even then you could just announce the containing nLab page or a revision to it.

If you want to ask people’s opinion on a particular diagram (which you haven’t) you could upload it into a Sandbox and then link to the particular version when asking a question. E.g.

Sandbox2.76 - (just to show version linking. Not with SVG content)

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts

I second Rod’s comment. You could even write up swathes of the pages you wish to edit on your own machine and just paste the text in when you are satisfied…

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble

I third it, 100%.

FWIW, if it were me, I would cut the Gordian knot and just photocopy Power’s diagrams and upload it as a .jpg or something. Surely this is fair use and you could get on with doing actual mathematics. Graphics in the nLab is a good long-time goal, but I don’t think we need these piecemeal updates on very specific and incomplete diagrams.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2017

Todd concrete suggestion is rather good. Urs has lifted images from topology textbooks for his notes, to avoid the side issue of making the images himself, let alone trying to make them in the nLab software.