Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nforum nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf sheaves simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2017
    • (edited Oct 25th 2017)

Is there a syntax for comments in the Instiki source code? Some way to include text into an nLab entry source that gets completely ignored when rendering the page?

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorjesse
    • (edited Oct 25th 2017)

Following the suggestion in this Stack Overflow answer, it looks like comments of the form

[//]: # (This syntax works like a comment, and won't appear in any output.)

do the job.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorRodMcGuire

There is no general way for including arbitrary comment text that won’t be processed by Instiki and won’t be displayed.

I recall finding (but I can’t find now) some discussion about putting stuff on the very first line that will be ignored by Instiki.

If you just want text (which will be processed but won’t display) you could wrap a paragraph in something like +-- {: .Comment} and alter the CSS to make that class display none.

I just tried using +-- {: .hide} but either I did something wrong or the CSS that makes .hide work for TOCs doesn’t apply there.

Sandbox/1177

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks for the help!

Now I remembered that once there was somebody who tried to equip all nLab entries that describe certain categories with standardized data describing that category. You can see this for instance at the bottom of ncatlab.org/nlab/source/Set. The code he used to do that is

{:data   

}

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorRodMcGuire
    • (edited Oct 25th 2017)

{:data

Hmm. I can’t find mention that Instiki actually parses that. It looks like :data is unknown and probably shows up in the error log. I tested using {:piffle. It appears Instiki skips over everything until it finds a matching } though not one escaped as \}. I didn’t check if all parsing, such as escaping into math mode, is suppressed.

Sandbox/1179

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2017

I see, thanks.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorvarkor
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2023

Is there any chance we could get LaTeX-style comments? Even just for lines starting with %, this would be very convenient. I would like to paste the LaTeX output of quiver into pages, which includes a link to edit the diagram in a comment. It’s a bit inconvenient to replace this comment with the syntax suggested in #2 each time.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2023

Since recently we have available major funding and were now looking into finally hiring a company to rewrite the nLab software. This would allow to request features like this one.

However, for the moment I am stuck with how to proceed. The small German company which was involved with us previously decided a full rewrite is beyond their possibilities. Now I am not sure what next step to take.