Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2018
    • (edited Jan 10th 2018)

I have started spelling out details at quantum master equation, following the rigorous derivation in causal perturbation theory due to Fredenhagen-Rejzner 11b, Rejzner 11.

So far I have added some backgound infrastructure and then the proof of this theorem ((Rejzner 11, (5.35) - (5.38)):

Consider an adiabatically switched non-point-interaction action functional in the form of a regular polynomial observable

S intPolyObs(E BV-BRST) reg[[]], S_{int} \;\in\; PolyObs(E_{\text{BV-BRST}})_{reg}[ [\hbar] ] \,,

Then the following are equivalent:

1. The quantum master equation (QME)

12{S+S int,S+S int} 𝒯+iΔ BV(S+S int)=0 \tfrac{1}{2} \{ S' + S_{int}, S' + S_{int} \}_{\mathcal{T}} + i \hbar \Delta_{BV}( S' + S_{int} ) \;=\; 0

holds on regular polynomial observables.

2. The perturbative S-matrix on regular polynomial observables is BVBV-closed

{S,𝒮(S int)}=0. \{-S', \mathcal{S}(S_{int})\} = 0 \,.

Moreover, if these equivalent conditions hold, then the interacting quantum BV-differential is equal, up to a sign, to the sum of the time-ordered antibracket with the total action functional S+S intS' + S_{int} and ii \hbar times the BV-operator:

{S,()} 1=({S+S int,()} 𝒯+iΔ BV) \mathcal{R} \circ \{-S',(-)\} \circ \mathcal{R}^{-1} \;=\; - \left( \left\{ S' + S_{int} \,,\, (-) \right\}_{\mathcal{T}} + i \hbar \Delta_{BV} \right)