Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2009

since a few minutes ago (around 20:21 German time) I get "access denied" whenever trying to edit an nLab page.

I had some other weird behaviour on my local system, too, so mayit's just a problem on my end for some strange reason?

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

So that's strange: I thought of a hack and replaced by hand in the URL "edit" by "rollback".

That did bring me to the edit page, and actually for the latest version!

But then hitting "update" to save my changes procduces again "Access denied".

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey

Were you trying to edit 'bordism categories following Stolz-Teichner' perchance?

If so, you got caught by the infamous spam filter. Strangely, it seems to be no longer listed in the spam list so maybe it's been removed.

For future reference, the spam filter works by checking IPs with a public blacklist. The blacklist is maintained by spamhaus. Going there, one can check an ip and find instructions on how to remove it from the blacklist (and things to check before you do).

If you are on a public network, then the reason can be simply that the previous person with that IP had a dodgy computer. Disconnecting and reconnecting a little later can solve the issue since you might get a different IP.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Ah, I see. That makes. So here is the full story:

I was online via my laptop using a WLAN connection in Cologne trains station. While editing that entry, yes, my Firefox crached. Restarting it, it decided that it had to update itself but could't quite get around doing that either and hang for a while.

After some waiting I finally managed to connect again, now meanwhile using the WLAN on the train. Then I went through all this trouble while on the train.

Finally got off and now am connected via a WLAN in some Cafe here, on the way home. Now everything works fine again.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I guess its really: "it hung for a while", or the like :-)