Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2018

Changed the page name to “REF MakkaiReyes77” and gave the bullet item an anchor of the same name, such that one can point to it after it is included anywhere.

This format “AuthornameYear” seems a decently robust identification. I have been using this for anchor names to rference items on the nLab for long time now.

diff, v2, current

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Sorry for the flood of new threads. Apparently each renaming starts a new thread.

What we would need is that if an nLab page gets renamed, also the corresponding nForum thread gets renamed. Might this be possible?!

1. Completely agree, I wil implement this as soon as I get the chance.

2. By the way, in the other discussion I think we came to the conclusion that it might be best not to use this !include mechanism for references for the moment (when I get the chance, I will implement something which gives us essentially the same functionality, but which hopefully avoids some of the potential problems with using !include). No problem here if you have already done it.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Apr 10th 2018)

Okay, sorry I was late to the discussion. All I saw first this morning was that the refrence was not recorded at logic.

So I will wait until you have implemented something. What you suggest sounds like a great idea, indeed.

3. Did not get the chance to do anything new this evening, instead ’refactored’ my recent changes slightly (putting config into environment variables, for example) so that they could be pushed to the github repository, which has now been done. This was important because the server is kept in sync with this repository; if any pushes are made to the repository, they will wipe out any changes on the server in files that are not new and which have not been committed.

Since the code is now there for one and all to see, maybe this is an occasion to remind again that anyone is welcome to join in. I have a reasonable grasp of the Instiki source now, so can probably point people quite quickly to the relevant place if they wish to work on something. The new tools are written in Python, which many people know and like to write, so if you fancy contributing, you could also jump into working on these, there are plenty of things to do.

4. Re #2 (and #3): Now implemented, see github for the code. As mentioned in the commit message, I have enforced that changes in name must be announced on the nForum.

At the moment, Instiki has what I would think of as a bug, or at least a poor design aspect: if one changes the page name, the new name shows up in all past revisions as well, there is currently no mechanism for keeping track of previous names. I will try to add this in a moment so that it will work from now on. I will need to add a new column to one of the tables in the database.

We could add a generated message to the nForum annoucement indicating the change of name, but this will feel clunky if people mention it themselves in the announcement. So I think it probably best just to try to fix Instiki, so that the diff will indicate the change (and one can draw extra attention to it in the commit message if one chooses).

if anybody would like me to tweak anything with what has been implemented, just let me know.