Not signed in (Sign In)

Start a new discussion

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-categories 2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry bundles calculus categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-theory cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science connection constructive constructive-mathematics cosmology definitions deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry differential-topology digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundations functional-analysis functor galois-theory gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry goodwillie-calculus graph graphs gravity grothendieck group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory history homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory internal-categories k-theory lie-theory limit limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal-logic model model-category-theory monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology multicategories noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topological topology topos topos-theory type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010

Aleks Kissinger has contacted me about his aims to start a collection of nLab entries on quantum information from the point of view of the Bob Coecke school.

Being very much delighted about this offer, I created a template entry quantum information for his convenience.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Aleks started adding some text. I added some links to his keywords.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorIan_Durham
    I've made one or two additions and suggestions. We should probably be careful to make sure that anything that isn't specifically information-theoretic goes under the quantum mechanics heading since, as Zoran pointed out about my quantum channels entry, some things that we QI people may assume are purely QI-related may actually be more general.
    • CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts

Actually I've noticed that here the practice is that as long as the further generality is noted on the more specific page, the material can be duplicated on both pages (Urs is adept at this :) Corralling material into very specific pages needs to be balanced against making people jump through many links to find related information.

Also, pages can be developed to be broad, and then split later, and I think that it is better to put any (appropriate) material in, than worry about the finer points of disciplinary delineation.

But this is just my impression of how things go.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorIan_Durham
    OK, cool. Then I won't worry too much about it.
    • CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Feb 28th 2010)

yes, often only after a bunch of material has accumulated does it become clear how that material wants to be organized over different sections and maybe entries.

of course somebody who cares and has the energy to deal with it has still to be around then...

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Feb 28th 2010)

that said: I agree with Zoran and Ian, that we should try not to exclusively list under "quantum information" what genuinely belogs to quantum mechanics in general.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2010
    Having looked at the entry, I see your point Ian. _I_ wouldn't go into too much more detail than what is there now (only my own opinion). Familiarity with the appropriate level of background/back up information will come with time.
    • CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2013

I am about to split off quantum computing from quantum information (or rather: remove the redirect, since there is nothing yet to splitt off).

First I am hereby moving an old and forgotten query boxes from there to here :

[ begin forwarded text ]

+–{: .query} Ian Durham: Should we maybe somehow link the quantum mechanics section to this? Teleportation and entanglement, to me, are quantum phenomena that transcend their use in quantum information theory (the others, I agree, are purely information-theoretical).

Aleks Kissinger: Entanglement I agree with, though the description of teleportation as a protocol (as opposed to a phenomenon) probably belongs here.

Ian Durham: Yes, I’d agree with that. It’s description is usually in terms of a protocol. Actually, I suppose it’s status as a “phenomenon” is somewhat debatable. =–

[ end forwarded text ]

1. Hi I was doing some research online and came across your site. I saw you had some SEO issues on your site and I thought you might be interested a low cost solution.

I have just tested a new Wordpress Plugin and I can only say, it is a revolutionary! Not only revolutionary, but MANDATORY!

I think if you are serious about making money with your Wordpress Websites by scoring high GOOGLE Ranking, you need this plugin, period.

https://bestchoiceseo.com/special-offer

My buddy, Daniel has got #1 Ranking in Google for a keyword against 219 million competition! That’s how powerful on-page SEO can be!

I just did a search on Daniel and surprisingly, this guy is really a hidden gem. People buying his product is saying this:

“Daniel, I did not read your sales letter, I just bought. Your past products have been so good, that I don’t even need to know what you’re offering.” This is no joke.

Listen, Daniel has always OVER-DELIVERED! I tested his customer support and it is REAL fast! So rest assured, you will get the best support from Daniel!

https://bestchoiceseo.com/special-offer (A video showing you what the plugin does)

Janis Wells

diff, v21, current

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2018

Someone is spamming us, so I’m rolling back.

diff, v22, current

2. Hi, I was checking out some of your competitors sites for a client and thought I’d drop you a quick message that might help your site.

I’m having great success with this…

https://bestchoiceseo.com/social-media

SocialMonkee is a proven link building service that already helps thousands build backlinks to their pages (Tier 1) as well as their existing backlinks (Tier 2).

With SocialMonkee, not only can you easily build backlinks to your pages, but also boost your existing backlinks, and pass on the link juice to your own pages.

Submitting a URL to SocialMonkee takes less than a few minutes, and it only takes a few seconds if you use the Firefox or Chrome Plugin (provided to you at no cost).

The system even integrates popular content spinning and link indexing tools so you can submit URLs even faster and get the most out of your backlinks.

What are you waiting for? SocialMonkee is powerful, fast, fun and beneficial! Don’t miss out on this opportunity… Your competitors won’t!

To Your Success,

Alex

P.S. - If you already build backlinks but don’t see the benefits, here is your chance to boost them and make them pass on some powerful link juice to your own pages.

Nichol Bazile

diff, v23, current

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2019

rolled back again

Richard, hope you see this, we need to take action here

diff, v24, current

3. Just saw this. Cannot do anything just now, will try to block when I get the chance.

4. The spam has come from different IP addresses, so a simple block would not work here, but I have added ’bestchoiceseo’ to the spam filter, and checked that this would have blocked the previous edit.

5. Not quite sure whether we should remove the revisions from the history and tidy up this nForum thread accordingly?

• CommentRowNumber17.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2019

Thanks, Richard!

Tidying up wouldn’t hurt, of course, but it’s maybe not high priority.

Add your comments
  • Please log in or leave your comment as a "guest post". If commenting as a "guest", please include your name in the message as a courtesy. Note: only certain categories allow guest posts.
  • To produce a hyperlink to an nLab entry, simply put double square brackets around its name, e.g. [[category]]. To use (La)TeX mathematics in your post, make sure Markdown+Itex is selected below and put your mathematics between dollar signs as usual. Only a subset of the usual TeX math commands are accepted: see here for a list.

• (Help)