Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nforum nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf sheaves simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorAli Caglayan
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2018
    • (edited Sep 4th 2018)
    I have created a page for pointed types as these will be referenced alot. I have also added some nonsense of this being a modality? If there is anybody who knows what they are talking about could they confirm this, otherwise I shall remove it. pointed type (homotopytypetheory)
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    There's the maybe monad, which isn't idempotent, so not a modality (if that condition was included).
    • CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    I guess the question needs to be addressed of the optimal level of cross-referencing. On the nLab there is pointed object and pointed type (the latter minimal).

Ideally would people want the HoTT wiki to give just a HoTT description of a term with references to relevant nLab entries? And with anything like the density of links in nLab pages? Similarly in reverse.
    • CommentRowNumber4.
    • (edited Sep 4th 2018)

Actually checking the definition of reflective subuniverse from the HoTT book it says that a type XX+1X\to X+1 is an equivalence iff XX is pointed which is of course complete nonsense. I shall clean up the pointed type page.

• CommentRowNumber5.

I think we are sticking with a HoTT wiki capable of supporting itself and lots of ’see also’ to the nlab. Part of the appeal of HoTT is that it should be better for doing mathematics than current ways so part of that appeal should be simplicity. I fear that the mere sight of an (oo,1) will scare many people away. Essentially HoTT Wiki would detail how to do anything in HoTT.