Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorAli Caglayan
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2018

I have added some ideas that get me out of bed in the morning to the homotopy groups of spheres page. I will try to improve this page a bit too.

diff, v6, current

• CommentRowNumber2.
    I have added a table linking the current results.
    • CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

have added cross-links with homotopy groups of spheres (nlab)

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2018

Got rid of my terrible attempt at a coloured table. If anybody would like to help me colour it in like on Wikipedia I would be most greatful.

diff, v12, current

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorAlexisHazell
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2018

Convert table to HTML, with coloured table cells.

diff, v13, current

1. I can try to tweak things to get the mathematics to render later.

• CommentRowNumber7.

Convert Instiki links in table to HTML links.

diff, v15, current

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • (edited Oct 18th 2018)

Close unclosed <a> tags.

diff, v15, current

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • (edited Oct 18th 2018)

Remove spurious </a> tag.

diff, v15, current

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts

Well, that broke the announcement mechanism!

• CommentRowNumber11.

Sorry about the comment spam here as I worked on converting the Instiki table to an HTML table! (I couldn’t see ’preview’ functionality to let me check my changes before submitting?) At any rate, the conversion is now done; but if people aren’t happy with the result, feel free to revert it to the Instiki-table version.

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentAuthorRichard Williamson
    • (edited Oct 18th 2018)

Fantastic! Thanks very much for this! Funnily enough, you have implemented the mathematics in exactly the same way as I am doing in my work-in-progress tool which parses iTeX/LaTeX to HTML. I take encouragement from this :-)!

Regarding #10: it is not really the announcement mechanism that broken, rather than that the nForum cannot handle it (i.e. it would break in the same way if one wrote the same directly in the nForum). If one escapes the <a> as code, like I am doing here, it should work again. Perhaps you could edit #8 and #9 in this way, Alexis, just so that they display?

Regarding #11: indeed, there is no preview, the philosophy of Instiki is that one edits after submitting until happy (there is a 30 minute window after editing where changes are merged into the same edit).

• CommentRowNumber13.

Thank you very much, this is looking great! The colouring will need to be transposed. I should make it more clear that the table has entries pi n(S k)pi_n(S^k), but it is difficult to be very expressive with these tables quickly.

• CommentRowNumber14.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts

The higher pi n(S 1)pi_n(S^1) should probably be linked, since they should be known from *S 1\ast \to S^1 being the universal cover (and so give isos on π n\pi_n, n2n\geq 2), but I don’t know if this was written down. I haven’t checked Mike’s proof, or any other, that π 1(S 1)=\pi_1(S^1)=\mathbb{Z}.

• CommentRowNumber15.

Table colouring fixes.

diff, v16, current

• CommentRowNumber16.

Re. #12:

Fantastic! Thanks very much for this!

Thank you for your kind words!

Funnily enough, you have implemented the mathematics in exactly the same way as I am doing in my work-in-progress tool which parses iTeX/LaTeX to HTML. I take encouragement from this :-)!

:-)

it is not really the announcement mechanism that broken, rather than that the nForum cannot handle it (i.e. it would break in the same way if one wrote the same directly in the nForum). If one escapes the &l;a> as code, like I am doing here, it should work again. Perhaps you could edit #8 and #9 in this way, Alexis, just so that they display?

I’ve now made those changes; thanks for the heads-up.

Regarding #11: indeed, there is no preview, the philosophy of Instiki is that one edits after submitting until happy (there is a 30 minute window after editing where changes are merged into the same edit).

Ah, okay.

• CommentRowNumber17.

Re. #13:

You’re welcome. :-) But, gah, sorry about the colouring errors! I’ve now changed the table so that the colours match the colours of the relevant entries in the Wikipedia table.