Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorRichard Williamson
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2018
    • (edited Oct 2nd 2018)

I discovered from here that anonymous posting to the nForum had been switched off back in 2013. It has been requested several times over the past months that we should allow anonymous posting to the nForum, since it is allowed on the nLab. Thus I have now switched anonymous posting back on for the most commonly used categories.

I have also removed admin rights from the ’mathforge admin’ account, since those who had the password to it are not involved with the admin/development of the nLab currently. Adeel still has admin rights. I gave myself the rights temporarily to switch on anonymous posting, but have removed them again, because I find the user interface too cluttered!

By the way, if any of the other of you would like an admin account, so that spam can be deleted, etc, let me know. You could have a separate one from your main account, if you too find the UI too cluttered.

1. By the way, the instructions for guest posting are a bit overpowering to my eyes. I was thinking of making them the same size and weight as those further down about linking, etc. Do people agree, or have a better suggestion?

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2018

the instructions for guest posting are a bit overpowering to my eyes.

Sorry, say again which text are you looking at?

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorRichard Williamson
    • (edited Oct 3rd 2018)

If one is not signed in, one sees the following message at the top of the ’Add your comments’ panel, in what to me is rather overpoweringly large and bold text!

Please log in or leave your comment as a “guest post”. If commenting as a “guest”, please include your name in the message as a courtesy. Note: only certain categories allow guest posts.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman

Yeah, I think it’s probably an accident that that text is in the same color/weight as the labels on the text boxes “Username”, “Password”, etc. Maybe make it a bit smaller and put it in in a differently-colored box so that people will read it?

2. OK, I’ll look into fixing it when I get the chance.