Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nforum nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf sheaves simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorAli Caglayan
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2018

Started a page on spectra. Haven’t got the energy to finish this right now. I will add more in the future and link it to some more literature. The most comprehensive study of them is stil however Floris’ thesis. I want to also talk about alternative definitions (such as changing the indexing or coinduction. Coinduction would however force me to mention non-wellfounded trees and their inestigation by Ahrens et. al.).

I have also added some links on some possible future pages (but for now it probably seems appropriate to write them up all here).

v1, current

• CommentRowNumber2.

Started a page on spectra. Haven’t got the energy to finish this right now. I will add more in the future and link it to some more literature. The most comprehensive study of them is stil however Floris’ thesis. I want to also talk about alternative definitions (such as changing the indexing or coinduction. Coinduction would however force me to mention non-wellfounded trees and their inestigation by Ahrens et. al.).

I have also added some links on some possible future pages (but for now it probably seems appropriate to write them up all here).

diff, v2, current

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman

Re: changing the indexing, one possibility that I think ought to be explored is spectra that also “deloop” by an arbitrary pointed type VV, so you have a doubly-indexed grid E m,nE_{m,n} with equivalences E m,nΩE m+1,n=Map *(S 1,E m+1,n)E_{m,n} \simeq \Omega E_{m+1,n} = \Map_{\ast}(S^1,E_{m+1,n}) and also E m,nMap *(V,E m,n+1)E_{m,n} \simeq \Map_{\ast}(V,E_{m,n+1}). And perhaps generalized to finite families of such types VV. It’d be tricky because you want some commutativity between the two equivalences for E m+1,n+1E_{m+1,n+1}, but might be doable at least for a single type VV. I think this would be useful semantically because in models of equivariant homotopy theory it could be specialized to “genuine” GG-spectra by taking the VV types to be the representation spheres (whereas the ordinary \mathbb{N}-indexed spectra would specialize only to “naive” GG-spectra).

• CommentRowNumber4.

@Mike what would a representation sphere be in HoTT?

Taking VV to be S 1S^1 would give us something that is a spectrum in two directions. With proper commutativity of equivalences I can imagine a doubly-indexed grid with equivalent diagonals. Which would easily be flattened into the usual notion of spectrum. I have no idea what a representation sphere is really, but surely it would be more natural to stick a BG as VV. I can’t help but feel I am missing something obvious here.

I can conjure up a definition of G-space, some X:𝒰X:\mathcal{U} equipped with an action a:BGXa : BG \to X. If we construct spectra over these taking care with the action would we get “naive” G-spectra?

• CommentRowNumber5.

A representation sphere isn’t something you can expect to define in HoTT (at least, I don’t see any way to do it); it’s something that exists in a particular “nonstandard” model (equivariant homotopy theory) that would just have to be postulated internally as an unspecified type when interpreting type theory in that model. I’m not talking about having a GG inside type theory that acts on things, but about a model of all of HoTT in which all types are interpreted as GG-spaces for some meta-theoretic group GG.

• CommentRowNumber6.

@Mike ah that makes more sense now. So this “GG-HoTT” would give us the “usual” HoTT for trivial GG? I don’t see how the meta-theoretic group GG interacts with what goes on internally though. For example how would we define unstable HH-equivariant homotopy groups? It seems to me that HH is another metatheoretic group. In which case what does it mean to have fixed points of a type with respect to a metatheoretic group.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield

Have people here been following what Urs is doing with Charles Rezk’s global equivariant cohesion from about here?

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2018

There is no separate “GG-HoTT”, it’s just regular HoTT that can be interpreted in GG-spaces. But it’s really better to think of GG-spaces as O GO_G-spaces here, by Elmendorf’s theorem. The homotopy groups in HoTT are defined internally in HoTT, so when interpreted in that model they are also “GG-objects”, or more precisely diagrams of sets indexed by O GO_G, thereby including all of the π n H\pi_n^H at once, even though HH isn’t visible internally.