Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009

crated D'Auria-Fre formulation of supergravity

there is a blog entry to go with this here

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009

expanded the section on "rheonomy"

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2010
    • (edited Sep 12th 2010)

I went through the entry D’Auria-Fre formulation of supergravity and edited a bunch of links, making them point to all the relevant entries on oo-Chern-Weil theory that we have created since the conception of this entry. Also polished up the notation here and there to bring it in line with what is now “standard” in the rest of the Lab.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2010
    • (edited Sep 29th 2010)

i reorganized the entry D’Auria-Fre formulation of supergravity a bit in an attempt to polish it. Then I added a section on the “cosmo-cocycle”-condition and how it really defines a Chern-Simons element in the supergravity Lie 6-algebra.

Finally I added a stub section “Examples” where I started writing out the cs-element = Lagrangian for 11d-supergravity, before running out of steam.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2013
    • (edited Sep 12th 2013)

I have expanded the Idea section a bit, making the relation to higher Cartan geometry explicit (which is being mentioned in a bunch of nLab entries, but had previously not been added to this relatively old entry itself)

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2015

when the nnLab is back, the entry D’Auria-Fre formulation of supergravity needs to be added a pointer to

• Pietro Fre, Gravity, a Geometrical Course: Volume 2: Black Holes, Cosmology and Introduction to Supergravity, Springer 2012

which, while not as detailed as the original Supergravity and Superstrings - A Geometric Perspective, includes discussion of new developments such as AdS/CFT in the special D’Auria-Fre formulation – also it’s still in print.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2020
    • (edited May 29th 2020)

added pointer to today’s review

diff, v85, current

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2022

added pointer to today’s

diff, v89, current

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2023

added pointer to today’s:

diff, v90, current

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2023

added pointer to today’s

• S. Salgado, Non-linear realizations and invariant action principles in higher gauge theory [arXiv:2312.08285]

diff, v92, current

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2024

finally added pointer to:

diff, v94, current

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2024

added pointer to:

• Lucrezia Ravera, Geometric approach to supergravity in superspace and some applications, lecture at Training school on Cartan Geometry, Masaryk University (Nov 2023) [video: YT]

diff, v99, current

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

added pointer to:

diff, v99, current

• CommentRowNumber14.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentRowNumber15.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2024
    • (edited Feb 23rd 2024)

In Dec 2018 (revision 72) I had spelled out in the entry the argument for the rheonomy principle from CDF91 III.3, noticing at the end that there is a gap in the argument, since the RHS of the differential equation III.3.29 (p. 653) depends on dθ α¯d \theta^{\overline{\alpha}} not only through a contracted curvature, but also through a contracted vielbein field μ α¯\mu_{\overline{\alpha}}.

Back then I had concluded with a paragraph indicating how this gap might be fixed.

But revisiting the story now, I don’t think this can be fixed in generality, and I have now deleted my paragraph suggesting otherwise.

It looks to me like the concluding sentence below their (III.3.29) is wrong as stated, it forgets about the dependence on μ α¯ B(x,0)\mu_{\overline{\alpha}}^B(x,0) evidently present in the line before, which is not given by the initial value data.

Nevertheless, in the cases of interest things work out, one just needs a more careful argument…

diff, v101, current

• CommentRowNumber16.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2024
    • (edited Feb 24th 2024)

added a section (here) on how the EoM of D=11D=11 sugra is implied by some simple superspace conditions.

This section is !include-ed as a separate page, see the discussion there

diff, v102, current

• CommentRowNumber17.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2024

added pointer to further original articles:

diff, v104, current

• CommentRowNumber18.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2024

added these pointers:

diff, v105, current

• CommentRowNumber19.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

added “Regge” to the page name

diff, v105, current

• CommentRowNumber20.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Mar 2nd 2024)

added also original pointers to the independent formulation of rheonomy via “superspace constraints”:

diff, v105, current

• CommentRowNumber21.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2024

added pointer to these early references, which seem to have been overlooked:

diff, v115, current