Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorcategoriser
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2019
    I have recently discovered nLab and believe an app would be amazing.
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorHarry Gindi
    The nLab has no grants or institutional support, so if you would like to code such an app, go ahead, but there's no money to pay a developer to do it...
    • CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorDmitri Pavlov

How exactly would such an app be different from the current browsing? The nLab already uses style sheets that change depending on the available screen width in pixels (though it should probably be centimeters, not pixels).

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorAlec Rhea

Presumably it would be a little icon on your iphone similar to snapchat that you could tap and enter directly instead of going through a web browser, like what Mathoverflow has via the stackexchange app. I would also support such a thing, but have none of the knowledge required to make it.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorRichard Williamson
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2019
    • (edited Apr 21st 2019)

An app is definitely on the TODO list. I have thought a bit about it and would be willing to code it. But as others have noted, due to lack of time, it is unlikely to be for a long time unless other people willing to contribute code join in.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorPaoloPerrone
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2019

It is true, an app would be great. The mobile support is way better since the style change, but still, the best would be a dedicated app. I can’t code much, but I can offer to do any other related work (such as testing).

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2019

If we have an overall design that’s reasonably mobile-friendly, it seems to me that a dedicated app is lower priority than many other things on the Technical TODO list (nlabmeta).

1. Definitely a low priority, yes.