Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorPaoloPerrone
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2019

On the nLab there are several links to a (nonexistent) page monoid object which are then redirected to monoid, while I think they should be redirected to monoid in a monoidal category, since we are talking about internal monoids. How can this be done systematically?

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks for the alert. Now I remember that I ran into this before, but forgot to fix it. Have fixed it now.

How can this be done systematically?

I just removed the redirect lines

[[!redirects monoid object]]
      [[!redirects monoid objects]]
      [[!redirects internal monoid]]
      [[!redirects internal monoids]]

[[!redirects algebra object]]
      [[!redirects algebra objects]]

from the entry monoid and pasted them into monoid in a monoidal category.

(See at the very bottom of any page, if you haven’t see these redirect clauses in action yet.)

Thanks again for the alert.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited May 7th 2019)

Hm, maybe I haven’t fixed it yet, as both pages throw timeout errors on re-saving them. Let’s check in a few minutes if the redirect has been redirected.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Seems to work now. But check.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2019
    • (edited May 8th 2019)

Thanks! It works now. Just a couple of other things:

(This makes me wonder: did the pages monoid and monoid in a monoidal category use to be the same page?)

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2019

Sounds all very reasonable. If you have a minute to spare, please feel invited to improve the link structure a little!

Could be that some of these pages were initially split off as copies of each other. I don’t remember. When you see something that can evidently be improved, don’t hesitate to do so.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2019

Done, I’ve moved the relevant example and updated the link from the pages ring, categories of monoids, and all the pages appearing as examples of internal monoids.