Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nforum nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf sheaves simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2019

to be !include-ed as a floating table of contents into relevant entries

v1, current

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2019

Should there be an entry ’I-II’, as mentioned here?

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Yes, it’s not a comprehensive list yet. More basic entries such as IIA - IIB are missing at the moment. On the other hand, it’s going to be a redundant list, too, since in the end there are several ways through the web of dualities between any given pair of limiting theories.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield

Perhaps one day we can have a large diagram with many arrows.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Yes! One day.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2019
    • CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2019

expanded slightly

diff, v7, current

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2020

Have added more items under “string/QFT duality”

diff, v8, current

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2020

added also pointer to p-adic AdS/CFT duality

diff, v9, current

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorLuigi
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2020

Added mention to double copy

diff, v11, current

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2020

Thanks. But shouldn’t we group it under “QFT-QFT duality” instead of under “string-QFT duality”?

I’d put it next to the item “KLT-relations”.

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentAuthorLuigi
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2020

Ok, Thank you very much

I was not sure about the classification, since the Double Copy program wants to reach a well-defined duality between the whole NS-NS sector (g,B,ϕ)(g,B,\phi) and gauge fields

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I see. So what’s the picture here of the most optimistic case of the classical double copy construction? Do we think of it as being really a version of AdS/CFT?

In any case, it might be good to group the “double copy” item together with the “KLT-relations”-item. These are close cousins, no?

• CommentRowNumber14.
    • CommentAuthorLuigi

I know just that they would like to relate solutions of the field equations of (g,B,ϕ)(g,B,\phi) to the ones of a gauge field (see arXiv 1912.02177 for an example) in analogy with what happens in scattering amplitudes (see arXiv 1807.09859 for example). The relation with AdS/CFT is completely obscure, as far as I asked!

Yes, I definitely agree about grouping them: they are cousin, even if the scattering amplitude version of double copy are more specifically the BCJ(Bern-Carrasco-Johansson)-relations (which may deserve a page or a section in the KLT-relations one).

• CommentRowNumber15.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Okay, thanks. So I have regrouped now to read as follows:

Here the parenthetical “super” should serve to imply the presence of KR- fields and dilaton fields.

• CommentRowNumber16.
    • CommentAuthorLuigi
    • (edited Apr 22nd 2020)

Thank you very much, it looks good!

Adding “super” is very appropriate also because this gravity(gauge theory) 2\text{gravity} \sim (\text{gauge theory})^2 duality should have its supergravity counterpart