Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorhcschwarz
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2021
    Hi, I'm desperately trying to learn what are quadratic differentials, but my background is kind of not there (I'm rn learning what is the tangent bundle/cotangent bundle/Riemannian metric). Any advice for beginners? Also I found that the corresponding wiki page has been left out forgotten: https://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/quadratic+differential.

thanks in advance.
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2021
    • (edited Jul 12th 2021)

Thanks for the alert on the abandoned page quadratic differential. I have briefly touched that now (here). It doesn’t kook like anyone reading here is actively invested in that page, but maybe somebody feels like picking it up now.

Apparently the first 26 pages of Strebel’s book give an introduction starting from the basics. But I haven’t really looked deeper into it.