Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nforum nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf sheaves simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009

Carlos Simpson indicates that he takes issue with not having been cited by us and provides a list of references. Since the entry nonabelian cohomology was lacking a reference section until now, I took this as an opportunity to list Simpson's work and some other articles. But by far not exhaustive.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009

In the same vein, I added the reference to "Descent pour les n-champs" to infinity-stack (being too lazy to create n-stack)

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2009
    But isn't that reference in infinity descent more suitable to nonabelian cohomology entry as well than the nonabelian Hodge theory references ?
    • CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2009
    This comment is invalid XHTML+MathML+SVG; displaying source. <div> <p>Zoran write:</p> <blockquote> But isn't that reference in infinity descent more suitable to nonabelian cohomology entry as well than the nonabelian Hodge theory references ? </blockquote> <p>Okay, I added the following sentence to the reference section at <a href="https://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/nonabelian+cohomology">nonabelian cohomology</a>.</p> <blockquote> In as far as nonabelian cohomology is nothing but the study of hom-spaces between ?-stacks, see also the references at ?-stack. </blockquote> <p>And the following sentence to the reference section at <a href="https://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/infinity-stack">infinity-stack</a></p> <blockquote> The study of oo-stacks is known in parts as the study of <a href="https://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/nonabelian+cohomology">nonabelian cohomology</a>. See there fore further references. </blockquote> <p>By the way, I am hoping we can eventually say more here about that "nonabelian Hodge theory". I need to understan that better than I do right now.</p> </div>
    • CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2017

I added a reference to Debremaeker’s thesis together with its English translation that appeared on the arXiv today.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter

That is interesting as I seemed to be one of the few people to have a copy of his thesis and I even went to the extent of translating large chunks of it from the Flemish as it was clearly useful for understanding Non-abelian cohomology. Various people quoted the summary that was published at the time of his thesis but did not know of the whole thing. (I never typed up my translation, and now do not need to!)

• CommentRowNumber7.

@Tim,

speaking of copies of old documents, I can’t remember if you said you still had a copy of Pursuing Stacks. There are still issues with the wonderful ’scrivener’ electronic edition of PS, namely passages that had photocopied highlighter blacking them out.

• CommentRowNumber8.

@David_R: I have a more or less complete version and can probably resolve any specific issues. It is in a box file upstairs (under a bed!). It is not completely in order so it might take a little time to find a given page. (I think Ronnie has a complete copy…. that may be why I do not as he needed one or two missing pages, if I remember rightly). Do you have a specific page on which you want the highlighted bit or is it general?

• CommentRowNumber9.

@Tim

there is a list here, copied below:

• figure out missing bits:
      • some bits on page 3 (section 15, djvu page 37, weak type)
      • one word in the footnote on page 4 (section 15, djvu p. 38, handwriting)
      • many bits on page 7,8 (section 16bis, djvu p. 40-41, highlighted)
      • whole line on page 10 (section 18, djvu p. 44, highlighted)
      • one bit on page 12 (section 19, djvu p. 46, highlighted)
      • some bits on page 15,16 (section 21, djvu p. 49-50, highlighted)
      • “relato?” on page 29 (section 27, djvu p. 63, word running off page)
      • the assumption on page 30 (section 28, djvu p. 64, highlighted)
      • the footnote on page 115 (section 51, djvu p. 149, punched hole and handwriting)
      • the rest of page 246 (end of section 78, djvu p. 280, missing in scan)
      • the footnote on page 449 (section 111, djvu p. 483, handwriting)

Anything with handwriting is tricky, but most of the others should be resolvable if the pages are present. Thanks!

The pdf copy can be obtained from this webpage, for reference.

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • (edited Feb 8th 2017)

I have seen some of that list before and know that not all can be resolved as it is not just highlighting coming out black. I will amuse myself trying to see what I can figure out. … and I think some of the pages I have were photocopied after highlighting D**n! I will see what I can do.